Mercer County Bridge No. 1801 is on the National Register of Historic Places. This is Mercer County’s only remaining covered bridge. The bridge is located on Township Road 471, approximately one half-mile east of S.R. 18, in Pymatuning Township, Mercer County, Pennsylvania. The bridge is situated in a rural area and spans the Shenango River. The structure was constructed in 1868 by the Smith Bridge Company of Tipp City, Ohio. Devised and patented in 1867 by Robert Smith, both tension and compression members were all wood. The Kidds Mill bridge is the only one of Smith’s patented bridges still standing east of Ohio.